About the Writing Center
The Writing Center specializes in one-on-one assistance with your writing. Our consultants can help you with any written text, at any stage of the writing process. The Writing Center serves all UK undergraduate students, graduate students, faculty, and staff.
We help clients:
- begin, develop, and review their projects
- fulfill assignment requirements
- communicate effectively in specific disciplines
- document sources fairly and correctly
- learn and practice academic standards of edited written English
- develop and polish their writing style
Register for an account and schedule an appointment below.
B108B W.T. Young Library, The Hub (lower level)
The Writing Center is open every semester, from the first day of classes until the last day of classes.
For Summer 2022, the UK Writing Center offers:
Online Synchronous appointments (Live via Video Conferencing)
E-Tutoring appointments (Asynchronous; Comments Only)
Summer 2022: May 16 – August 11
Hours (Online Only)
Monday 8am – 9pm
Tuesday 8am – 9pm
Wednesday 8am – 9pm
Thursday 8am – 9pm
The Writing Center is NOT an editing service. If you are interested in hiring a copy editor, you can view a list of editors for hire at the following site.